How Domain Prices are Determined
Whether selling a domain name of buying one, the question of worth is a major one.
DomainRoll price prediction algorithm
Here is a simple overview of how we arrive at domain name prices and the rating (silver, gold, etc) for each name. We have recently started adding price-predictions to the names included in the Domain Roll.
These are not just some spurious valuation. We try as much as possible to base it on concrete features. Here are some of the major determinants of our valuation.
Historical keyword performance
- Demand for the keywords in the domain name.
- Historical sales data: domain prices for that keyword.
- Possibilities or potential uses – versatility.
- Length, and other characteristics of the domain name.
- Pronunciation-reproduction properties.
- Meaning and tone.
- Stickiness or 3-hour/ 3-day test.
- Unnecessary length.
- “Me-too” fashion or uninteresting naming cliches.
Simply put, what do we look at when pricing domain names?
- How hot is this industry?
- How scarce is this keyword?
- How do machines read this? In this age of algorithms, the outlook of the name to bots matters.
- What are the similar names selling for?
- How interesting is this name?
- Any hidden devil?
- How easy is it to use this name e.g. can it be easily pronounced, or transcribed when heard?
- How easy will it be producing its branding? Space, form, etc?
All these are some of the very important things that determine the worth of a domain name or business name. We consider these when evaluating names. However, in arriving at the valuation and price prediction, we place more emphasis on what is not subjective as most of the pricing determinants here are subjective.
Non-subjective, data-driven domain name pricing
- Price history.
- Domain niche demand.
- Niche popularity and growth potentials.
Welcome to DomainRoll.com
We need community help rating domain names. It is easy. You select the domain name and score it 1 to 7. No special skills needed to be a Name Reviewer – you could be a lecturer or professional in the advertising, marketing or branding field or an entrepreneur with a knack for creativity. Come ‘Roll with us if you are interested.
Buying any of these domain names is starting out right. They are truly perfect for the right business and industry.
explore more of domainroll
More domain names you can buy to launch an interesting project or business venture
Other Business Category Domain Names
Sponsored Promotion Domains
Answers, links, resources, and special prices for your small business and startup.
- Examine the names of top businesses in your industry (whether local or outside your country) and get the feel of great brand names. The Internet can help you with that. […]
- The answer is … Technology! But here are the top industries and how the stand in the best brands table. Industry # of Brands Brand Value ($B) Total 100 $2,231.9 […]
- Location#3: Where are potential staff based? Yes, there is virtual working, but some businesses require physically present staff. Do you have a good supply of appropriate skills around? Or are […]
- Location#2: Online locationing matters. Hang out where your markets and industry hang out. Just like location matters in the physical world, it matters in the virtual world. Who are your […]
- Location #1: Where your business is located is key for several reasons. You’ll want to consider where your customers are. If you are into retail of consumer products, stay not […]
- I can’t but agree; I have seen some names I would never have thought anyone would buy getting sold. Maybe there is some more meaningful story to the name for […]