How Domain Prices are Determined
Whether selling a domain name of buying one, the question of worth is a major one.
DomainRoll price prediction algorithm
Here is a simple overview of how we arrive at domain name prices and the rating (silver, gold, etc) for each name. We have recently started adding price-predictions to the names included in the Domain Roll.
These are not just some spurious valuation. We try as much as possible to base it on concrete features. Here are some of the major determinants of our valuation.
Historical keyword performance
- Demand for the keywords in the domain name.
- Historical sales data: domain prices for that keyword.
- Possibilities or potential uses – versatility.
- Length, and other characteristics of the domain name.
- Pronunciation-reproduction properties.
- Meaning and tone.
- Stickiness or 3-hour/ 3-day test.
- Unnecessary length.
- “Me-too” fashion or uninteresting naming cliches.
Simply put, what do we look at when pricing domain names?
- How hot is this industry?
- How scarce is this keyword?
- How do machines read this? In this age of algorithms, the outlook of the name to bots matters.
- What are the similar names selling for?
- How interesting is this name?
- Any hidden devil?
- How easy is it to use this name e.g. can it be easily pronounced, or transcribed when heard?
- How easy will it be producing its branding? Space, form, etc?
All these are some of the very important things that determine the worth of a domain name or business name. We consider these when evaluating names. However, in arriving at the valuation and price prediction, we place more emphasis on what is not subjective as most of the pricing determinants here are subjective.
Non-subjective, data-driven domain name pricing
- Price history.
- Domain niche demand.
- Niche popularity and growth potentials.
Welcome to DomainRoll.com
We need community help rating domain names. It is easy. You select the domain name and score it 1 to 7. No special skills needed to be a Name Reviewer – you could be a lecturer or professional in the advertising, marketing or branding field or an entrepreneur with a knack for creativity. Come ‘Roll with us if you are interested.
Buying any of these domain names is starting out right. They are truly perfect for the right business and industry.
explore more of domainroll
More domain names you can buy to launch an interesting project or business venture
Other Business Category Domain Names
Sponsored Promotion Domains
Answers, links, resources, and special prices for your small business and startup.
- Some of the tips that apply to naming in general would also apply here. Be smart with it as you would have to make some decisions. Here are some things […]
- You want to name an architecture company today? Sure, you can. You have a name already – your name. Take it from us. Instead of posting these separately, we would […]
- Assume Robin Hood is an architect, and he wants to name his new business. What are his options? 1. Robin Hood Architecture – RobinHoodArchitecture.com 2. R. H. Architecture – Rharchitecture.com […]
- Home Repair Contractors, Inc. – Wait a minute while I show you the domain name of this business. www.hrcincfl.com. While the business name is clear, the domain (website) address is quite […]
- Francis Family Renovations, Inc – This business takes one of the oldest naming approaches; the use of the business owner’s name. The owner name is then appended with a keyword […]
- PacPlus from ‘package’ and ‘plus’ The company name “PacPlus” was created by signifying our aim for innovation in the provision of services and packaging with something extra without restricting ourselves to […]