Naming a business with your own name
One common way of naming a business in the architecture business – and in many other professional niches – is the use of the architect’s or professional’s name. But like everything in life, creating a business name from your real name can be done to yield a pretty brand or an ugly one.
Some of the tips that apply to naming in general would also apply here. Be smart with it as you would have to make some decisions. Here are some things you would need to consider if using your name.
- Would it be your initials? If you want to use initials, confirm if it would sound and look great together.
- Would it be your surname (family name) only?
- Would it be your given name?
- Would it be both names?
- Is it a partnership? Would it be both partners’ surnames?
- Would you add a keyword to the final name you’ve chosen?
- Is the final name of decent length (not longer than 13 or so alphabets)
- Does it look formal and professional enough compared to other names in your industry?