101 Ways to Buy Domain Names for Your Projects
- Register one at a Domain Name Registrar
- Domain Name Marketplaces
- Online Communities
- General Marketplaces
- Auctions & Brokerages
- Expired domain name auctions
- Lease the domain name
- Domain Name Portfolios
- Beware, please beware.
Acquiring domain names doesn’t end with buying, or rather registering one from Godaddy – or any other domain name registrar for that matter. Here’s all the bits we know about domain name acquisition.
Get ready to go on an excursion with us into the interesting industry around domain names. Apologies if it bores some entrepreneurs though, but to us, the business of domain name acquisition is one of the most diverse markets we’ve seen.
101 Ways to Buy A Domain Name
Register one at a Domain Name Registrar
- Others – look for ICANN certified domain registrars. These are some of the ones we’ve used before. Can someone do a blow-by-blow coverage of these and the others in the domain discussions, please?
Domain Name Marketplaces
- Godaddy Auctions
- Dan.com (formerly Undeveloped.com)
- Brand Bucket
Auctions & Brokerages
- Offline auction events e.g. Sedo
- Online auctions: at Godaddy, at Sedo, or at Flippa (the rules and approaches differ)
Expired domain name auctions
Lease the domain name
- Direct contacts with domain name owner
Domain Name Portfolios
There’s a separate page for this since they are more than 101! There are several of them just like the registrars’ list too.
Beware, please beware.
- Ask an expert to help you ascertain whether the domain name is not a bad one due to its previous usage. There are a few domain names that are virgin, but those are likely not going to be what you are going to encounter especially if you are buying from an existing holder or owner.
- Verify ownership, people steal domain names too!
- Verify trademark especially if you are in the US or Europe or other countries where brand assets are really protected and guarded by corporates.
- If in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask an expert. If you need help, ask here in the community discussion or at any other domain name forum.
1010 Domain & Naming Resources On the Net (10 by 101 sets)
Registering domain names
Leasing domain names
Buying any of these domain names is starting out right. They are truly perfect for the right business and industry.
explore more of domainroll
More domain names you can buy to launch an interesting project or business venture
Other Business Category Domain Names
Sponsored Promotion Domains
Answers, links, resources, and special prices for your small business and startup.
- Some of the tips that apply to naming in general would also apply here. Be smart with it as you would have to make some decisions. Here are some things […]
- You want to name an architecture company today? Sure, you can. You have a name already – your name. Take it from us. Instead of posting these separately, we would […]
- Assume Robin Hood is an architect, and he wants to name his new business. What are his options? 1. Robin Hood Architecture – RobinHoodArchitecture.com 2. R. H. Architecture – Rharchitecture.com […]
- Home Repair Contractors, Inc. – Wait a minute while I show you the domain name of this business. www.hrcincfl.com. While the business name is clear, the domain (website) address is quite […]
- Francis Family Renovations, Inc – This business takes one of the oldest naming approaches; the use of the business owner’s name. The owner name is then appended with a keyword […]
- PacPlus from ‘package’ and ‘plus’ The company name “PacPlus” was created by signifying our aim for innovation in the provision of services and packaging with something extra without restricting ourselves to […]