101 Ways to Buy Domain Names for Your Projects
- Register one at a Domain Name Registrar
- Domain Name Marketplaces
- Online Communities
- General Marketplaces
- Auctions & Brokerages
- Expired domain name auctions
- Lease the domain name
- Domain Name Portfolios
- Beware, please beware.
Acquiring domain names doesn’t end with buying, or rather registering one from Godaddy – or any other domain name registrar for that matter. Here’s all the bits we know about domain name acquisition.
Get ready to go on an excursion with us into the interesting industry around domain names. Apologies if it bores some entrepreneurs though, but to us, the business of domain name acquisition is one of the most diverse markets we’ve seen.
101 Ways to Buy A Domain Name
Register one at a Domain Name Registrar
- Others – look for ICANN certified domain registrars. These are some of the ones we’ve used before. Can someone do a blow-by-blow coverage of these and the others in the domain discussions, please?
Domain Name Marketplaces
- Godaddy Auctions
- Dan.com (formerly Undeveloped.com)
- Brand Bucket
Auctions & Brokerages
- Offline auction events e.g. Sedo
- Online auctions: at Godaddy, at Sedo, or at Flippa (the rules and approaches differ)
Expired domain name auctions
Lease the domain name
- Direct contacts with domain name owner
Domain Name Portfolios
There’s a separate page for this since they are more than 101! There are several of them just like the registrars’ list too.
Beware, please beware.
- Ask an expert to help you ascertain whether the domain name is not a bad one due to its previous usage. There are a few domain names that are virgin, but those are likely not going to be what you are going to encounter especially if you are buying from an existing holder or owner.
- Verify ownership, people steal domain names too!
- Verify trademark especially if you are in the US or Europe or other countries where brand assets are really protected and guarded by corporates.
- If in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask an expert. If you need help, ask here in the community discussion or at any other domain name forum.
1010 Domain & Naming Resources On the Net (10 by 101 sets)
Registering domain names
Leasing domain names
Buying any of these domain names is starting out right. They are truly perfect for the right business and industry.
explore more of domainroll
More domain names you can buy to launch an interesting project or business venture
Other Business Category Domain Names
Sponsored Promotion Domains
Answers, links, resources, and special prices for your small business and startup.
- Examine the names of top businesses in your industry (whether local or outside your country) and get the feel of great brand names. The Internet can help you with that. […]
- The answer is … Technology! But here are the top industries and how the stand in the best brands table. Industry # of Brands Brand Value ($B) Total 100 $2,231.9 […]
- Location#3: Where are potential staff based? Yes, there is virtual working, but some businesses require physically present staff. Do you have a good supply of appropriate skills around? Or are […]
- Location#2: Online locationing matters. Hang out where your markets and industry hang out. Just like location matters in the physical world, it matters in the virtual world. Who are your […]
- Location #1: Where your business is located is key for several reasons. You’ll want to consider where your customers are. If you are into retail of consumer products, stay not […]
- I can’t but agree; I have seen some names I would never have thought anyone would buy getting sold. Maybe there is some more meaningful story to the name for […]